- Recollections 4.5″x6.25″ pink shimmer card “Hydrangea” (envelopes not included) [Michaels]
- Recollections 12″x12″ paper “Tan Hearts” [Michaels]
- Recollections 12″x12″ embossed card stock (textured) [Michaels]
- Recollections 12″x12″ white/silver glitter card stock [Michaels]
- White card stock (glossy side up)
- Martha Stewart corner rounder
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Tacky Glue 4 fl oz
- Ultra fine black Sharpie
- Fine silver Metallic Sharpie
- ruler, scissors, pencil, eraser
OrganizationLove Pro Tips:
- I measured each cake layer to 1.25″ tall to fit the card well. Then I trimmed the middle and top layers’ sides at my own discretion. Corner rounder step was last.
- Paper is difficult to cut using the corner rounder. It’s a good idea to put some card stock behind just to hold it steady when using the punch.
- I used a silver Metallic Sharpie for the letter on top of the cake (the couple’s last initial) and the hearts in the corners of the congratulations banner at bottom.
- It was difficult to fit the word “congratulations” at the bottom just right. I practiced several times to get it right, then wrote in pencil, traced in Ultra Fine black Sharpie, waited for the Sharpie to dry, and attempted to erase. Erasing is difficult on glossy card stock. But I knew the glue would hold better on the matte side.
Because the card already says “congratulations”, I’m not sure any are needed! If you wanted to, though,:
- Enjoy your life together
- Two become one
- Glad to be a part of your big day
- If my post inspires you, and you blog about it, I ask that you credit me!
- This card is available for purchase on my etsy store:
(rather than an “H” on top, there are two hearts. Check it out!)